Sea to School
New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts farm to school programs worked together in 2016 to create a resource guide and educational video on best practices and case studies about sea to school in New England. View the finished guide and video here. NH Farm to School also partnered with NH Community Seafood to bring fresh and local fish to schools. Find a few more sea to school resources below!
- New Hampshire Farm to School’s NH Fish to School guide
- Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance’s 7 Principles for Choosing Seafood
- Sitka Conservation Society’s A Guide to Serving Local Fish in School Cafeterias
- Sea to School: A Guide for School Cafeterias & Classroom
- This resource was developed by Stacey Purslow of New Hampshire Farm to School, Renee Page of Maine Farm to School Network, and Simca Horwitz of Massachusetts Farm to School through a 2016 Innovation Award from the National Farm to School Net- work, funded by Farm Credit and the Newman’s Own Foundation. Generous additional support was provided by the New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food, and New Hampshire Farm to School.
- Capital for Opportunity and Change’s Maine Seafood Study: A set of tools for integrating Maine seafood into food distribution systems