NH Food System
Farm to School efforts are connected to the entire food system - learn more about some of our partner organizations below that work to improve our state's food system.
Statewide & Regional
- NH Food Alliance: A statewide network that connects many of the following organizations as well as other individuals and businesses, all working to support a strong, healthy NH food system.
- Small and Beginner Farmers of NH: A farmer to farmer network that shares ideas and information, including accessing technical assistance and agricultural education.
- NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food: Promotes agriculture in the public interest and serves farmers and consumers in the marketplace.
- NH Farm Bureau Federation: An organization serving farmers, property owners, rural residents and friends of farming.
- NH Farm Museum: The museum hosts special events, programs, and workshops as part of its mission to preserve, understand and carry forward New Hampshire’s agricultural heritage.
- NH Farms Network: This website features NH farm profiles, news about local farms, seasonal recipes and agricultural events.
- NH Harvest of the Month: a project by NH Farm to School highlighting a different in-season produce item every month
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) – NH Chapter: Promotes organic agriculture practices and offers educational events and resources.
- Seacoast Eat Local: Connects Seacoast consumers with sources of locally grown and locally made foods.
- Slow Food Chapters in NH: Slow Food Seacoast, Slow Food Monadnock, UNH Slow Food: A global, grassroots movement with thousands of members around the world that links the pleasure of food with a commitment to community and the environment.
- UNH Cooperative Extension: Provides NH citizens with research-based education and information on issues including agriculture, food and nutrition.
- UNH Sustainability Institute: Since 1997, the Sustainability Institute has been a powerful voice for a healthy planet and human dignity for all people. The Institute houses NH Farm to School as well as other food system programs like the NH Food Alliance and Food Solutions New England!
- Vital Communities: engages citizens, organizations and communities in creating solutions to the region’s challenges in the Upper Valley of NH and VT
- NH Farm Map: A useful tool by UNH Extension showing local farms and farm products all across the state. Farmers can also add themselves to the map.
- NH Food Access Map: Another UNH Extension map that shows nearby food pantries and highlights donation and volunteer needs. The map also has a “Summer Meals” tabs for students who need food when school is not in session.
- NH School and Youth Garden Network: A network of garden educators that share information, funding, and other tools.