NH Farm to School Network
We are currently working with key stakeholders across New Hampshire to develop the first ever NH Farm to School Network! The network is made up of interested Farm to School players from all regions, and across sectors including educators, food service, and procurement. The network will strengthen the ability of Farm to School programs around NH to collaborate on key issues like funding, finding resources and tools, sharing contacts, and brainstorming.
Network Partners include:
- NH Department of Education Nutrition Services
- NH Department of Agriculture
- UNH Cooperative Extension
- NOFA NH
- Upper Valley Farm to School
- Grow Nashua
- Cornucopia Project
- ReTree US
- Belknap County Conservation District
- Androscoggin Valley Farm to School
- NH Food Bank
- Food Connects
Email Stacey Purslow at email@example.com for more information or to be involved.
Local Food for Local Schools Reimbursement Program Bill
The NH Farm to School Network, with the sponsorship of over 10 New Hampshire state legislators, have submitted the Local Food for Local Schools Reimbursement program as a bill to the New Hampshire legislature. The reimbursement program will incentivize New Hampshire school districts and food service directors to purchase locally grown and produced food for breakfast and lunch services in cafeterias across the state, boosting youth health and wellness, agricultural viability, and specifically:
- Providing New Hampshire students access to fresher, nutrient dense local foods
- Annually injecting $1.8mil federal and state funds directly into New Hampshire’s farm and food economy.
- Educating New Hampshire students about the variety of fruits, vegetables, and other products grown and produced both locally and regionally.
- Showcasing to students the economic and professional opportunities available in the food system.