Browse these websites and resource collections for ideas on Farm to School activities, agricultural lesson plans, and school garden curriculum.
- Ag in the Classroom Curriculum Matrix: A national searchable database for K-12 educators.
- Center for Ecoliteracy: Dedicated to education for sustainable living, the Center for Ecoliteracy website includes curriculum and policy resources and information.
- Food Ed Hub: Lessons and materials to teach effective food and nutrition education.
- The Edible Schoolyard: Provides urban public school students with a one-acre organic garden and a kitchen classroom. Using food systems as a unifying concept, students learn how to grow, harvest, and prepare nutritious seasonal produce.
- Farm Based Education Association: A free member network established to strengthen and support the work of educators, farmers, and community leaders who provide access and experiences on working farms.
- Junior Master Gardener Curricula: An international youth gardening program of the University Cooperative Extension network.
- Food, Land and People: Updated educational materials produced by Project Food, Land & People (FLP) are now available for use in America’s classrooms.
- Project Learning Tree® (PLT): An award winning, multi-disciplinary environmental education program for educators and students in PreK-grade 12.
- Nourish: An educational initiative designed to open a meaningful conversation about food and sustainability, particularly in schools and communities.
- NH Agriculture in the Classroom: Part of a national effort to develop an understanding and appreciation of agriculture.
- Cultivating Joy and Wonder: Educating for Sustainability in Early Childhood: This book is fully available for free online and includes engaging activities, lesson plans, and other resources to encourage young children to engage in local food.
- Early Sprouts Institute : A program by Keene State College that engages young children in gardening, sensory exploration, and cooking throughout the school year.
- Grow It! Try It! Like It! (USDA): This is a garden-themed nutrition education kit for child care center staff that introduces children to fruits and vegetables. Each lesson plan includes hands-on activities!
- VT FEED Curricular Resources: A large collection of excellent examples of Farm to School curriculum.