Visit these resources to learn how to start purchasing local foods for your school or institution.
- Institutional Procurement of Local Food – NH (Farm to Institution New England): details the current policies and projects addressing purchasing policy in NH.
- NH Farm to Institution Toolkit (NH Food Alliance & NH Farm to School): A New Hampshire specific resource designed to guide NH schools, hospitals, and other institutions towards purchasing more local food. Includes help and resources on choosing a food service company, making purchasing decisions, negotiating contracts, and more.
- Bringing Local Food to Local Institutions (ATTRA): A resource guide with examples and case studies for farmers, food service managers and the community to begin or expand farm-to-institution programs
- A Toolkit for Institutional Purchasers Sourcing Local Food from Distributors (Farm to Institution New England): Comprehensive toolkit focused around communication methods for sourcing, tracking, and reporting local foods procurement. Includes sample questions to distributors and a sample letter you can adapt to your needs. Also has a directory of New England local produce distributors!
- Local Procurement for Child Care Centers (National Farm to School): Fact sheet for child care centers to source local foods for children
- Local Procurement for Family Child Care Providers (National Farm to School): Another fact sheet geared towards family providers to source local foods
- USDA Farm to Preschool: Local Food and Learning in ECC and Education Settings(USDA): This helpful fact sheet presents basic information about farm to preschool efforts, including tips and resources as well as up-to-date information on federal procurement regulations.
- Guide to Serving Local Food on Your Menu(Glynwood Center): A primer to help food service managers and directors, caterers, chefs, restaurateurs and others consider creative ways to incorporate local food products into almost any food service setting.
- Sea to School Guide (NH Farm to School): A resource for cafeterias who want to serve local fish and sea products
- How to Sell to AMS-a guide for producers
- Selling Fish to AMS– a guide for fishermen or businesses