A diverse, international community of educators, forging covenants in teaching and learning for the success of all learners. Links to curriculum integration and environmental education.
- Center for Ecoliteracy
Dedicated to education for sustainable living, the Center for Ecoliteracy website includes curriculum and policy resources and information.
- Center for Food & Environment
Home of the Linking Food and the Environment: An Inquiry-Based Science and Nutrition Program.
- Child Study and Development Center at UNH
An early childhood education center, known nationally for its inquiry-based approach to early education and its award-winning Growing a Green Generation Project on gardening with children.
- Composting in Schools
The information on this site is drawn from the book Composting in the Classroom by Nancy Trautmann and Marianne Krasny. The book offers ideas for high school research projects and a wealth of compost-related information.
- Co-op to Kids Online Healthy Eating Resources
Online resources for teachers, parents, and food service staff developed by New Hampshire and Vermont co-op stores, schools and community organizations. Curriculum ideas, nutrition information, and classes.
- Discovering the Food System: An Experiential Learning Program for Young and Inquiring Minds (for ages 12-18)
This program is meant for anyone who is curious about food, how it gets from farm to table, and how we, as eaters, are involved in that system.
- Early Sprouts Gardening and nutrition experiences for the young child. Preschool children are connected to their food supply through a unique "seed to table" curriculum centered around working in a garden.
- The Edible Schoolyard
The Edible Schoolyard, in collaboration with Martin Luther King Junior Middle School, provides urban public school students with a one-acre organic garden and a kitchen classroom. Using food systems as a unifying concept, students learn how to grow, harvest, and prepare nutritious seasonal produce. Experiences in the kitchen and garden foster a better understanding of how the natural world sustains us, and promote the environmental and social well being of our school community.
- Farm Based Education Association
- Feeding Minds, Fighting Hunger
- Food Fight--Combating childhood obesity through education and advocacy.
- Food, Land and People Updated educational materials produced by Project Food, Land & People (FLP) are now available for use in America's classrooms.
- The Food Studies Institute
The institute works to promote the long-term health and education of elementary school children through curriculum development, multi-media publishing, teacher training, and consulting on the implementation of a unique curriculum integrating academic disciplines with experiential learning about food, nutrition, culture and the arts. As a non-profit, tax exempt, corporation, we also assist schools to incorporate low-fat, high fiber, nutritious entrees into school meals and to involve parents and guardians in their children's food education.
- Future Farmers of America/USDA Census of Agriculture lesson plans for grades K-12. All materials are free!
- Garden Mosaics
Connecting youth and elders to investigate the mosiacs of plants, people and cultures in gardens to learn about science and to act together to enhance their community.
- Green Teacher
Welcome to Green Teacher! Green Teacher is a magazine by and for educators to enhance environmental and global education across the curriculum at all grade levels. Fifty pages of ideas and activities, four times a year; we're not slick... just resource-full.
- GrowLab: Activities for Growing Minds
- Growing a Green Generation
A horticulture curriculum for pre-school to kindergarten age children.
- A Guide to Food and Fiber Systems Literacy (K-12 framework)
A Compendium of Standards, Benchmarks, and Instructional Materials for Grades K-12 funded by the W. K. Kellogg Foundation in cooperation with Oklahoma State University.
- Harvest of the Month
- Junior Master Gardener Curricula
Headquartered at Texas A&M University, this is an international youth gardening program of the University Cooperative Extension network.
- National Gardening Association
Information and curriculum materials for youth gardening, especially for anyone involved in school gardens.
- NH Agriculture in the Classroom
New Hampshire Agriculture in the Classroom is part of a national effort to develop an understanding and appreciation of one of the nation's major industries - AGRICULTURE. We provide support and reinforcement for all educators in the task of helping young people develop an awareness of the diversity of New Hampshire agriculture, its contribution to the state's economy and a basic understanding of food production.
- North American Association for Environmental Education
The Biodiversity Collection: Resources for Educators. Resources and frameworks to support integrating food systems, nutrition, and the environment into your curriculum design.
- Nourish is an educational initiative designed to open a meaningful conversation about food and sustainability, particularly in schools and communities.
- Nutrition in the Garden
This web page explores a fun way to teach children about nutrition: through gardening. A garden provides a site for hands-on lessons about fruits and vegetables, important components of our diet. Gardens are exciting, interactive ways to demonstrate life skills and to develop good habits
- Project Learning Tree® (PLT) is an award winning, multi-disciplinary environmental education program for educators and students in PreK-grade 12. PLT, a program of the American Forest Foundation, is one of the most widely used environmental education programs in the United States and abroad. PLT continues to set the standard for environmental education excellence.
- Sustainable Agriculture Resources and Programs for K-12 Youth
A great listing of resources and programs available for educators.
- Sustainable Table celebrates local sustainable food, educates consumers on food-related issues and works to build community through food.
- State Education & Environment Roundtable
The EIC Model. Here's where to find out more about using the environment as an integrating context.
- Teaching the Food System free high school curriculum resources developed by Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
- Veggiecation is a nutrition education program that introduces young children to the wonderfully delicious and nutritious world of vegetables.
- Vermont FEED Food Education Every Day
- What Kids Can Do
What Kids Can Do is a national nonprofit organization founded in the winter of 2001. We document the value of young people working with teachers and other adults on projects that combine powerful learning with public purpose for an audience of educators and policy makers, journalists, community members, and students.
- World Hunger Year Food Security Learning Center
Provides links to many innovative programs.
- About Us
- In the News
- Apple Resources
- Compost & Recycling
- Curriculum Resources
- Find NH Farms
- Food Systems & Sustainability
- Start a Farm to School program in your district
- NHFTS Program
- NHFTS Annual Surveys
- New Hampshire Agriculture
- New Hampshire Nutrition
- NH School Garden Case Studies
- National Agriculture
- National Nutrition
- National Farm to School
- School Food Policy
- School Garden
- School Garden Grant
- Farm Field Trip Resources
- Agriculture Grant opportunities
- NH Healthy Meals Cooking Challenge
- Newsletter Archive
- Contact Us
- Find Us on Facebook
- Farm to Institution
- Farm to Pre-School