National Agriculture Resources
- Alternative Farming Systems Information Center specializes in identifying resources about sustainable food systems and practices in support of USDA's effort to ensure a sustainable future for agriculture and farmers worldwide.
- American Community Garden Association
The ACGA is a national nonprofit membership organization of professionals, volunteers and supporters of community greening in urban and rural communities.
- Field to Plate
Field to Plate is a food education resource, with state-by-state guide to what's in season in your region.
- Food Routes
The FoodRoutes Web site is a project of FoodRoutes Network (FRN). FRN is a national nonprofit organization that provides communications tools, technical support, networking and information resources to organizations nationwide that are working to rebuild local, community-based food systems.
- The Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture
The Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture explores and cultivates alternatives that secure healthier people and landscapes in Iowa and the nation.
- Local Harvest
With the LocalHarvest map, you can find all the farmers' markets, family farms, locally-grown produce, grass-fed meats, and other sources of sustainably grown food in your area.
- Menu for the Future--Northwest Earth Institute is a six-session discussion guide exploring the connection between food and sustainability.
- On Farm Food Safety project helps farms develop a food safety plan.
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition is an alliance of farm, food, conservation, and rural organizations that together advocate for federal policy reform supporting the long-term social, economic, and environmental sustainability of agriculture, natural resources, food systems, and rural communities.
- New England Small Farm Institute
The New England Small Farm Institute offers education and resources for farmers.
- Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
NESAWG is a regional network of member organizations and individuals working together to create a more sustainable and secure regional food system--one that is economically viable, environmentally sound and socially just and produces safe and healthful food.
- Project Food, Land, and People
Promotes approaches to learning to help people better understand the interrelationships among agriculture, the environment, and people of the world.
- Rodale Institute
A nonprofit that promotes organic and sustainable agriculture through research and education.
- Slow Food USA
A national nonprofit and umbrella organization for Slow Food chapters around the country working to support good, clean, fair food.
- Stewardship Index of Specialty Crops is a system for measuring sustainable performance throughout the specialty crop supply chain.
- Sustain: The Alliance for Better Food and Farming
Sustain: The alliance for better food and farming advocates food and agriculture policies and practices that enhance the health and welfare of people and animals, improve the working and living environment, enrich society and culture and promote equity.
- Sustainable Table / Eat Well Guide
Sustainable Table celebrates local sustainable food, educates consumers on food-related issue,s and works to build community through food.
- United States Department of Agriculture
The USDA provides information on food, agriculture, natural resources, and public policy.
- USDA Know Your Farmer Know Your Food Initiative
This is a USDA-wide effort to create new economic opportunities by better connecting consumers with local producers.
- USDA Farm to School Resources
The USDA has provided a list of different resources on their website for Farm to School programs.
- About Us
- In the News
- Apple Resources
- Compost & Recycling
- Curriculum Resources
- Find NH Farms
- Food Systems & Sustainability
- Start a Farm to School program in your district
- NHFTS Program
- NHFTS Annual Surveys
- New Hampshire Agriculture
- New Hampshire Nutrition
- NH School Garden Case Studies
- National Agriculture
- National Nutrition
- National Farm to School
- School Food Policy
- School Garden
- School Garden Grant
- Farm Field Trip Resources
- NH Healthy Meals Cooking Challenge
- Contact Us
- Find Us on Facebook
- Farm to Institution
- Newsletter Archive